US: Castle Brands announces executive appointments
US spirits group Castle Brands has today (15 May) announced two key executive appointments.
John Soden has been named as international managing director and will be responsible for international strategy at Castle Brands, as well as international sales and marketing activities.
Previously with Irish drinks group C&C, Soden has significant experience in international markets including Europe, Scandinavia, Australia and duty free. He also worked for some years for C&C in the US.
Castle Brands has also named Seth Weinberg to the newly-created role of senior vice president and general counsel. He will be responsible for securities, finance and corporate governance issues and SEC reporting, as well as mergers and acquisitions transactions. He was formerly a corporate specialist with the law firm Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP.
The company said that the two men would report to president and chief operating officer Keith Bellinger, and Mark Andrews, chairman and CEO.
"In order to successfully grow our brands, the international marketplace is critical," Andrews said. "John brings a wealth of global experience to the table and we are very excited to have him join us."
Andrews added: "We are also at a point in our company's development where it became clear we needed an in-house counsel. Seth has the experience and personality to help us achieve our near-term and long-range goals. Both John and Seth are welcome additions to our growing team of professionals."
Castle Brands produces a stable of spirits brands including British Royal Navy Imperial rum and Knappogue Irish whiskey.
Bacardi has secured a tie-up for its flagship rum brand with US basketball team the Boston Celtics....
The chief financial officer at US-based spirits group Castle Brands has resigned....
Castle Brands has appointed a vice president of sales for the east coast of the US....
US spirits group Castle Brands has bought Kentucky Bourbon producer McLain & Kyne for an undisclosed sum....
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World