FRANCE: Castel to launch water to challenge Coke
French drinks group Castel is planning to launch a top-of-the-market mineral water brand in April thus providing competition for new brands, Dasani (Coca Cola) and Tchaé (Unilever).
"At a time when certain groups are putting on to the market mineral water-based drinks where the minerals have been artificially-added, we are able to offer consumers a new brand which is completely natural and authentic," explained Thierry Boidé, managing director of Neptune, the water division of the Castel group. in an article in French business newspaper, La Tribune,
The name and composition of the new brand are not expected to be revealed before the end of February, however market sources suggest it may be called Rozana.
Castel is already present in the top-of the market range via its Chateldon brand. Whereas Chateldon is only available in high-class restaurants and at select wines retailer, Nicolas, the new Neptune brand will be on sale in supermarkets.
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q3 & YTD
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research