FRANCE: Castel Group readies Europe's biggest bottling plant
The Castel Group, France's leading wine producer, is to open the first phase of its new bottling plant, which the company claims will be Europe's biggest, next month.
"The total investment in the site now comes to EUR35m (US$54.5m)," said Castel spokesperson Frank Crouzet, adding it would specialise in bottling wines from the Loire region of France.
The plant, in Nantes, has a total capacity of 200m bottles and will be fully operational by January.
Castel acquired the plant site last year when it bought Sautejeau-Beauquin, a major Loire wine producer. At the time Crouzet said Loire wines correspond to evolving consumer tastes being good value, low in alcohol and easy to drink.
The Castel group's wine division turned over EUR1.01bn in 2007.
It is now more than a year and a half since Troy Christensen took the helm at Constellation Europe, the European division of the world's biggest wine company. Given the current state of the European m...
Tax hikes have taken centre stage in discussions between the alcohol industry and several national and state governments around the world over the last year. Michelle Russell reports on a global trend...
Fifty three French winemakers accused of illegally enhancing their Beaujolais wines with sugar are facing EUR500 to EUR7,000 in fines....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Children aged under 15 should never be given alcohol, is the message from the UK's chief medical officer....
Last year's duty tax hikes have been "devastating" for the UK pub and beer sector, the head of Fuller, Smith & Turner has said, amid a 1% slip in beer volumes during the first 43 weeks of its fiscal y...
Sovio Wines will go to the UK High Court next month to challenge a Food Standard Agency (FSA) ruling that banned its reduced alcohol wine....
Children aged under 15 should never be given alcohol, the UK's chief medical officer said today (29 January)....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- Brito gives call to arms to SABMiller shareholders
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research