FRANCE: Castel acquires Oenoalliance
Castel has acquired Oenoalliance, a union of family wine merchants specialising in Bordeaux wines and Languedoc Roussillon wines, for an undisclosed sum.
The union is made up of Clossmann & Cie, André Quancard André, Promocom, Celliers de Beychac, Vinyrama and Socav. Only the latter firm, Socav, has not been purchased by Castel.
A EUR45m business and employing 87 staff, Oenoalliance markets around 40m bottles annually and also has a bottling facility at its base at Beychac et Cailau, in the Bordeaux region.
"Over the past 3 years Oenoealliance's volume of business has declined and in 2007 made losses of several millions of euros," a Castel spokesman told just-drinks. "However, we see scope for the company complementing our own activities. It trades in a diversified range of wines, has a well-established export presence and a broad distribution base which includes specialist wine shops, wholesalers and supermarkets," the spokesman added.
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research