FRANCE: Casino ends pricing spat with Coca-Cola Enterprises
The row had rumbled on for over two months
Coca Cola Enterprises' (CCE) full range of drinks is returning to French supermarket chain Casino's stores after a pricing spat which has lasted more than two months.
Casino de-listed some of the soft drinks firm's products at the end of April informing customers via notices in its stores that the full range was not being stocked because “we (Casino) have not accepted Coca Cola's price demands.” A Casino spokesperson confirmed to just-drinks this week that all of Coca-Cola's range would now be on sale again, but did comment on the agreement that had been reached to end the dispute.
"Only certain of the company's brands, such as Sprite, Fanta and Minute-Maid, were de-listed but not Coca Cola itself," the spokesperoson added.
No-one was immediately available for comment at Coca Cola Entreprises' French headquarters in Paris.
Earlier this year, Casino's discount chain Leader Price discontinued the sale of Coca-Cola's products in favour of PepsiCo's portfolio.
Coca-Cola Enterprises Ltd is focused on strengthening consumer awareness of its sustainable recycling efforts, as well as its product choice, in the forecast period. The company has invested heavily i...
Synopsis Canadean's "PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contai...
Coca-Cola Enterprises, Inc. (CCE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compi...
Project Synopsis: MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth act......
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- George Clooney takes Tequila Casamigos to Canada
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review