AUSTRALIA: Casella Wines readies Australian beer entry
Casella Wines has turned its attention to the beer market
Casella Wines has turned to Australian consumers to help spearhead its entry into the beer market.
The independent wine company's 'Perfect Lager Project', announced earlier today (24 April), will ask drinkers in the country what they think should go in to the ideal schooner, as well as the best environment for drinking it. The results, collected via an iPhone app, will shape the beer that Casella plans to roll out in June, the company said.
“Making beer is a major step for our business and we want to get it right for consumers," said Casella’s senior brand manager for beer, Fiona Seath. “The only way we can guarantee that is to ask the consumers what they want and then make it.”
The questionnaire will ask users for their beer preferences and details including the number of friends in company, the temperature of the beer and the type of venue or setting needed for the perfect experience.
Data will be collected until the end of May.
The beer will be made in Yenda in New South Wales where Casella has built a brewery at the family winery.
Former SABMiller brewer Andy Mitchell is lead brew master.
Last month, Casella appointed a new buiness development manager for Asia.
This third - and penultimate - part of October's management briefing, looking at the logistics landscape, shines the light on Asia Pacific....
In the final part of this month's management briefing, the spotlight moves to the logistic set-ups in the Middle East and South Africa....
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research