USA: Case Noble Tequilas Dominate First U.S. Spirits CompetitionWinning Double Gold, Gold and Silver Awards
Casa Noble, producers of boutique tequila imported by Los Angeles-based Vamonos Rapido, established itself among the world's finest tequila distilleries at The San Francisco World Spirits Competition, the first comprehensive, international spirits judging ever in the United States, held in San Francisco, September 15-17.Casa Noble received a total of three medals, more than any other competitor in its category and one of the few brands entered in the competition so honored.In the Silver/Gold Tequila category, Casa Noble Crystal Tequila ($40)received Double Gold, the highest medal awarded by the competition and one reserved for those spirits that received a unanimous vote for a Gold Award by a particular panel of judges. In the same category, Casa Noble Gold Tequila 2 Months ($45) received a Silver Award, presented to spirits that received a consensus vote for that award.In the Anejo Tequila category, Casa Noble Anejo Tequila 5 Years ($85) received a Gold Award also presented to spirits that received a consensus vote.Casa Noble's boutique tequila is produced using carefully selected ten year old blue agave plants that meet strict requirements for water and high sugar content. They slow cook the agave hearts for 38 hours in stone ovens. Ten stainless steel fermentation vats, alembic pot stills, a sophisticated filtration system as well as a water treatment plant are used for the production of these tequilas. Only French white oak barrels are used for aging and only natural existing yeast from the plants is used in the fermentation process.An off-shoot of the highly-regarded San Francisco International Wine Competition, the World Spirits Competition attracted more than 1,000 spirit brands from around the world entered in 43 categories and evaluated by a distinguished panel of 30 judges. Executive Director Anthony Dias Blue is Wine and Spirits Editor of Bon Appétit magazine and director of the San Francisco International Wine Competition, now in its 20th year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q3 & YTD
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research