UK: Casarena wines to hit UK after Robinsons link-up
Wines from Argentinian group Casarena Bodega Y Vinedos are getting a limited launch in the UK through an exclusive tie-up with brewer Robinsons.
Nine of the privately-owned Mendoza-based producer's wines will be released in the brewer's pub and restaurant estate in the lead-up to Christmas. The Lowry hotel, Manchester, and Chester Grosvenor have also “shown an interest”, according to Robinsons.
The wines include six Malbecs, two Cabernet Sauvignons and a Pinot Noir.
Robinsons said sales of Argentinian varieties doubled in its wine unit in 2012.
“As our wine division grows, we continue to look to partner quality-driven producers who reflect our ambition,” said the brewer's wine buyer Noel Reid.
He added: "Further wines (from Casarena) may follow in 2014."
Earlier this year, Stockport-based Robinsons launched a beer with heavy metal band Iron Maiden, called Trooper.
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"