UK: Casarena wines to hit UK after Robinsons link-up
Wines from Argentinian group Casarena Bodega Y Vinedos are getting a limited launch in the UK through an exclusive tie-up with brewer Robinsons.
Nine of the privately-owned Mendoza-based producer's wines will be released in the brewer's pub and restaurant estate in the lead-up to Christmas. The Lowry hotel, Manchester, and Chester Grosvenor have also “shown an interest”, according to Robinsons.
The wines include six Malbecs, two Cabernet Sauvignons and a Pinot Noir.
Robinsons said sales of Argentinian varieties doubled in its wine unit in 2012.
“As our wine division grows, we continue to look to partner quality-driven producers who reflect our ambition,” said the brewer's wine buyer Noel Reid.
He added: "Further wines (from Casarena) may follow in 2014."
Earlier this year, Stockport-based Robinsons launched a beer with heavy metal band Iron Maiden, called Trooper.
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review