GERMANY: Cartel Office green lights Bitburger deal
The German Federal Cartel Office has approved the Bitburger Group's proposed acquisition of German breweries König-Brauerei and Licher Privatbrauerei from Carlsberg. Carlsberg will take ownerhsip of the breweries if it is successful in its acquisition of Holsten. It has been Carlsberg's intention to sell on König-Brauerei and Licher since it announced its bid for Holsten in January.
"With this approval, one of the conditions for the takeover offer from Carlsberg Breweries to the shareholders of Holsten-Brauerei AG has been fulfilled," Calrsberg said in a statement.
The remaining conditions not yet fulfilled relate inter alia to the EU Commission's clearance of the takeover of Holsten-Brauerei and the achievement of a level of acceptance of no less than 75% of the issued Holsten shares. The acceptance period for the takeover offer expires on 18 March 2004 at 12:00 noon (CET).
Carlsberg has finally hooked up with a state-owned Vietnamese brewer....
Carlsberg has entered into negotiations with the IBM Group regarding a possible outsourcing of the Danish brewer's IT services in Europe....
Carlsberg's rating has been lowered following its disappointing Q1 figures earlier this week....
Carlsberg said today that global beer volume showed a 20% increase in the first quarter of the year driven by strong organic growth in BBH as well as a considerable contribution from acquisitions, inc...
Carlsberg has appointed a managing director for its Chinese operations....
Carlsberg has increased its ownership in Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad from 49.66% to 51%. The investment amounts to approximately US$6m....
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
The Bosnian government has put a majority stake in the country's brewery Banjalucka Pivara up for sale. Previous efforts to privatise the brewer have failed....
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research