UK: Carsberg sells beer keg fleet to Trenstar
The supply chain specialist TrenStar has announced that it was to acquire the beer keg fleet of Carlsberg-Tetley (over 1m containers) and to provide an ongoing keg management service for the brewer.
TrenStar will make the kegs available to Carlsberg-Tetley under a container services agreement for a period of 15 years on a "per fill" fee basis. The fleet acquisition purchase to be completed in three phases was funded by a major UK bank.
"Carlsberg-Tetley has invested millions in new technology and modernizing and streamlining its breweries to improve capacity and efficiency and is pleased with its new partnership with TrenStar. We believe the TrenStar partnership will support our overall strategic direction and will help to further strengthen Carlsberg-Tetley's position in the UK," says Andrew Caswell, Carlsberg-Tetley's Strategic Planning director.
Carlsberg-Tetley intends to participate in TrenStar's planned keg pool. This solution will allow participants to share common supply chain components, which Carlsberg hopes will lower capital requirements and reduce operating costs. "For the first time major competitors in an industry will share essential strategic assets, infrastructure and supply chain management services through a neutral and reliable supplier. Carlsberg-Tetley will realize significant savings and improved supply chain performance through its ground-breaking participation in TrenStar's keg pool," says Alan Doyle, TrenStar's senior vice-president of business development.
Carlsberg has finally hooked up with a state-owned Vietnamese brewer....
Carlsberg has entered into negotiations with the IBM Group regarding a possible outsourcing of the Danish brewer's IT services in Europe....
Carlsberg's rating has been lowered following its disappointing Q1 figures earlier this week....
Carlsberg said today that global beer volume showed a 20% increase in the first quarter of the year driven by strong organic growth in BBH as well as a considerable contribution from acquisitions, inc...
Carlsberg has appointed a managing director for its Chinese operations....
Carlsberg has increased its ownership in Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad from 49.66% to 51%. The investment amounts to approximately US$6m....
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
The Bosnian government has put a majority stake in the country's brewery Banjalucka Pivara up for sale. Previous efforts to privatise the brewer have failed....
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- A step forward in alcohol research? ISFAR 191
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Beam Suntory's Bowmore 10 Year Old - NPD
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review