FRANCE: Carrefour recalls batches of own brand beer
Carrefour has issued a recall of its own label L'Abbaye beer in a precautionary move, a posting on the website of France's Directorate General for Competition, Consumer Affairs, and Repression of Fraud (DGCCRF) reveals.
The Directorate said late last week that traces of sulphites have been found in the beer which could provoke allergies in certain people. The beer is sold in 25cl unit six-packs in Carrefour's hypermarkets and supermarkets as well as in its Proxi convenience stores in France.
A spokesperson for Carrefour told just-drinks that the move was "essentially a preventive measure, the traces of sulphites being only slightly above the recommended norms.
"It only concerns a very small number of batches of the product too," the spokesperson added.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review