US: Carpe Diem secures import deal with AMI
Carpe Diem is poised to up its profile in North America.
The functional beverage brand, created by the founder of Red Bull, is the subject of a strategic partnership announced yesterday (18 January) with US and Canada importer AMI Brands. The drink will initially be available through trade channels in the area focused on wellness products.
"Similarly to how Red Bull opened up a new beverage category around the world, Carpe Diem is meant to offer a new functional, healthier drinking experience," said Dietrich Mateschitz, the founder of both Carpe Diem and Red Bull.
"Based on the knowledge of botany and homeopathy we selected a natural blend of 25 different botanical ingredients, with a taste profile unlike any other beverages."
Olivier Sonnois, CEO of AMI, added: "Carpe Diem fits perfectly within our stated strategy to offer North American consumers with everyday healthier beverages of choice. Carpe Diem will join our established platform of premium beverages poised for growth."
The botanical water range comprises labels including 'relaxing' with passion flower, lemon balm and thyme, as well as 'vitalising', comprising ginger, lemongrass and cardamon.
AMI Brands already imports Volvic Natural Spring Water and Badoit Sparkling Natural Mineral Water in the US and Canada.
Among the six GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) countries, Saudi Arabia is by far the largest soft drinks market, but the UAE and Qatar are forecast to show the most rapid growth over the coming five yea...
Bulgarian water bottling company Devin plans to raise its capital through an initial public offering of 3m shares on the Sofia bourse....
The former CEO of Red Bull North America has accepted a seat on Dry Soda Co.'s board of directors....
Energy drink producer Who's Your Daddy has added Tony Seery, formerly San Diego area trade development manager for the Hansen Beverage Company, to its sales team....
Red Bull has lined up an addition to its Sabai wine spritzer portfolio in the UK....
A milk beer, a caffeine-infused vodka and water with flower essences are some of the new drinks products launched this month....
Skyy Vodka has unveiled a tie-up with The Independent Film Channel (IFC) in the US....
Red Bull is looking to boost its presence in Asia this year as part of the company's ambition to double its sales by 2010....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts