AUS: Carlton & United Breweries goes retro with Carlton Draught TV ad - video
Carlton and United Breweries (CUB), the SABMiller subsidiary, has resurrected a TV ad from the 1980s and relaunched a can from the same period for its Carlton Draught brand in Australia.
The 30-second spot, which is part of the brand's 150th anniversary celebrations, features men with handle-bar moustaches and short shorts drinking the lager. It is airing throughout this month on Australia's Channel 7.
The "heritage” white cans are also being sold for a limited period in Liquorland and First Choice.
Mick McKeown, Carlton Draught’s marketing manager, said the ad “gives people a great glimpse of our past, questionable fashion and all”.
CUB was intergrated into SABMiller following the UK-headquartered brewer's acquistion of Foster's Group in 2011.
Finding a way to get the people of Latin America to drink more beer is the latest challenge for SABMiller....
SABMiller is to install Domenic De Lorenzo as its permanent CFO five months after Jamie Wilson resigned from the post....
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?