AUS: Carlton & United Breweries axes Victoria Pale Lager
CUB is the brewing arm of Foster's Group
Carlton & United Breweries (CUB) has confirmed it has pulled the brand Victoria Pale Lager as it steps its focus on reviving Victoria Bitter.
The 4.4% abv lager, launched in November 2011, was reportedly backed by a AUD6m (US$6.2m) marketing campaign. But CUB, the brewing arm of SABMiller subsidiary Foster's Group, confirmed to just-drinks today (14 March) that the brand has been removed.
“With the focus on the renewal of Victoria Bitter, the decision was made to delete Vic Pale Lager,” the company said in an e-mailed statement, without detailing when the brand was pulled.
It is the first brand to be axed since Foster's was bought out by SABMiller in December 2011.
Last September, CUB said it was returning Victoria Bitter to its original 4.9% abv after the beer lost its market leadership status.
The company added in its statement today: “While it's early days, the momentum on Vic Bitter is going well, with a return to growth for the December quarter.”
MillerCoors' plans to launch a new, high-strength "golden" lager may not be surprising on one level, but the wider trend is puzzling....
The world’s second largest brewer, SABMiller’s geographic profile provides a strong platform from which to exploit forecast volume growth in emerging markets. This profile analyses the company’s emplo...
This report comprises of high level market research data on the India beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and ana...
Beer in the Netherlands industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The p...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review