AUS: Carlton & United Breweries axes Victoria Pale Lager
CUB is the brewing arm of Foster's Group
Carlton & United Breweries (CUB) has confirmed it has pulled the brand Victoria Pale Lager as it steps its focus on reviving Victoria Bitter.
The 4.4% abv lager, launched in November 2011, was reportedly backed by a AUD6m (US$6.2m) marketing campaign. But CUB, the brewing arm of SABMiller subsidiary Foster's Group, confirmed to just-drinks today (14 March) that the brand has been removed.
“With the focus on the renewal of Victoria Bitter, the decision was made to delete Vic Pale Lager,” the company said in an e-mailed statement, without detailing when the brand was pulled.
It is the first brand to be axed since Foster's was bought out by SABMiller in December 2011.
Last September, CUB said it was returning Victoria Bitter to its original 4.9% abv after the beer lost its market leadership status.
The company added in its statement today: “While it's early days, the momentum on Vic Bitter is going well, with a return to growth for the December quarter.”
MillerCoors' plans to launch a new, high-strength "golden" lager may not be surprising on one level, but the wider trend is puzzling....
The world’s second largest brewer, SABMiller’s geographic profile provides a strong platform from which to exploit forecast volume growth in emerging markets. This profile analyses the company’s emplo...
This report comprises of high level market research data on the India beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and ana...
Beer in the Netherlands industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The p...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q3 & YTD
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research