AUS: Carlton & United Breweries axes Victoria Pale Lager
CUB is the brewing arm of Foster's Group
Carlton & United Breweries (CUB) has confirmed it has pulled the brand Victoria Pale Lager as it steps its focus on reviving Victoria Bitter.
The 4.4% abv lager, launched in November 2011, was reportedly backed by a AUD6m (US$6.2m) marketing campaign. But CUB, the brewing arm of SABMiller subsidiary Foster's Group, confirmed to just-drinks today (14 March) that the brand has been removed.
“With the focus on the renewal of Victoria Bitter, the decision was made to delete Vic Pale Lager,” the company said in an e-mailed statement, without detailing when the brand was pulled.
It is the first brand to be axed since Foster's was bought out by SABMiller in December 2011.
Last September, CUB said it was returning Victoria Bitter to its original 4.9% abv after the beer lost its market leadership status.
The company added in its statement today: “While it's early days, the momentum on Vic Bitter is going well, with a return to growth for the December quarter.”
MillerCoors' plans to launch a new, high-strength "golden" lager may not be surprising on one level, but the wider trend is puzzling....
The world’s second largest brewer, SABMiller’s geographic profile provides a strong platform from which to exploit forecast volume growth in emerging markets. This profile analyses the company’s emplo...
Alcoholic Drinks in India industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The...
This report comprises of high level market research data on the India beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and ana...
Beer in the Netherlands industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The p...
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018