DENMARK: Carlsberg's search for CEO won't result in the company lagging
Carlsberg has denied reports that it will lose momentum in the run-up to finding a replacement CEO for the brewery.
The brewer recently announced that current CEO Nils Smedegaard Andersen will move to Danish transport company AP Moller Maersk in December. Andersen has held the top job at Carlsberg for six years.
Speaking to just-drinks today (19 July), a spokesperson for the brewer said: "We won't lose momentum, Anderson will work right up until the last day he is with us. It's a very open process for the time being and will take one to two months until conclusion. We are considering both internal and external candidates. The choice is not dependent on where the person is from, but the skills and knowledge they will bring."
According to recent reports, insiders have expressed that a new chief executive to be appointed in August to help the brewery to participate in mergers and acquisitions.
Investors and analysts have speculated Carlsberg may take over British peer Scottish & Newcastle, with which it co-owns Russian brewery group BBH, and the spokesperson did not rule out this possibility.
I doubt that it is of the Dutch variety, but John Dunsmore, Sir Brian Stewart and the S&N board have certainly displayed courage over the last few months as they have held firm on calls to accept the ...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Scottish & Newcastle has demanded that Carlsberg agree to the publication of confidential data on their joint brewing venture "as a condition of recommendation"....
Scottish & Newcastle has finally agreed to discussions with Carlsberg and Heineken over a proposed takeover....
Carlsberg and Heineken's bid for Scottish & Newcastle appears to have hit stalemate as the deadline for the bid approaches....
Anheuser-Busch has stayed silent on reports that it plans to bid for a minority stake in the Scottish & Newcastle and Carlsberg joint venture Baltic Beverages Holdings (BBH)....
Russian brewer Baltika has bought out 9.8m common shares and 1.2m preferred shares from shareholders for a total of RUB13.87bn (US$571.7m) in a move aimed at reducing its charter capital....
Scottish & Newcastle has refused to be drawn on reports claiming that it is in talks with several parties with a view to take full control of its East European joint venture....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends