Product Launch - UK: Carlsberg's Crown Cellars O&E wine range
Crown Cellars' O&E wine range
Carlsberg's Crown Cellars O&E wine range
Category - Wine
Available - From this month
Location - UK, on-trade only
Price - Wholesale price of GBP24.48 (US$37.50) for a case of six 75cl bottles
Distribution - Carlsberg UK
Crown Cellars, Carlsberg's UK wine and spirits division, has launched a range of five global wines under the brand name O&E.
The range, which is exclusive to the the UK on-trade, comprises
- Cabernet Sauvignon from Chile, 13% abv
- Sauvignon Blanc, France, 12% abv
- Zinfandel Rosé, California, 10.5% abv
- Pinot Grigio, Italy, 12% abv
- Merlot, France, 13% abv
A Carlsberg spokeperson told just-drinks that the "primary target" for the range is independent on-trade accounts.
Louise Boddington, Crown Cellars' wine buyer, said the branding and descriptions have been kept simple to ensure the wines “have a strong appeal to customers looking for an easy choice in pubs and restaurants”.
The name O&E stands for 'open and enjoy', the company said.
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read news stories on just-drinks in 2013....
This report comprises of high level market research data on the Malaysia beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and ...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read analyses on just-drinks in 2013....
Here, courtesy of analysts at Nomura, is a list of the purchases made in the global brewing industry between 1999 and last year, along with the EBITDA multiples paid....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Bacardi cuts jobs at Global Brands unit
- Diageo targets Millennials with DeLeon ads
- Belvedere unveils executive team