Product Launch - UK: Carlsberg's Crown Cellars O&E wine range
Crown Cellars' O&E wine range
Carlsberg's Crown Cellars O&E wine range
Category - Wine
Available - From this month
Location - UK, on-trade only
Price - Wholesale price of GBP24.48 (US$37.50) for a case of six 75cl bottles
Distribution - Carlsberg UK
Crown Cellars, Carlsberg's UK wine and spirits division, has launched a range of five global wines under the brand name O&E.
The range, which is exclusive to the the UK on-trade, comprises
- Cabernet Sauvignon from Chile, 13% abv
- Sauvignon Blanc, France, 12% abv
- Zinfandel Rosé, California, 10.5% abv
- Pinot Grigio, Italy, 12% abv
- Merlot, France, 13% abv
A Carlsberg spokeperson told just-drinks that the "primary target" for the range is independent on-trade accounts.
Louise Boddington, Crown Cellars' wine buyer, said the branding and descriptions have been kept simple to ensure the wines “have a strong appeal to customers looking for an easy choice in pubs and restaurants”.
The name O&E stands for 'open and enjoy', the company said.
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read news stories on just-drinks in 2013....
The world’s fourth largest brewer, Carlsberg is working to reduce its reliance on struggling European markets. This profile considers the company’s decision to focus on emerging Asian markets and anal...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read analyses on just-drinks in 2013....
Alcoholic Drinks in Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). Th...
Here, courtesy of analysts at Nomura, is a list of the purchases made in the global brewing industry between 1999 and last year, along with the EBITDA multiples paid....
Alcoholic Drinks in France industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). Th...
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Will Remy come off worse in China Cognac recovery?
- Wines of the Beautiful South Ups its Game
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Bacardi-Martini appoints Southern Europe chief
- William Grant gives Sailor Jerry pack revamp