Product Launch - GLOBAL: Carlsberg's Copenhagen
Click through to see Carlsberg's Copenhagen
Category - Beer, bottled, 4.5% abv
Available - From this month
Location - Initially in Denmark, then scheduled for launch in northern and Western Europe, Eastern Europe and Asia in 2011 and 2012
Price - Not specified
Copenhagen is made from wheat malt and rice, and has been designed to appeal as an alternative to white wine and Champagne.
For the northern European markets, Copenhagen will be produced in Lithuania and Denmark
The beer, brand and design have all been developed by Carlsberg’s International Innovation Department in Copenhagen, in collaboration with the Carlsberg Research Center.
A TV ad prepared for the brand can be viewed below.
Carlsberg has joined Anheuser-Busch InBev in transferring the head of its UK operations to the eastern front. Is this more than mere coincidence?...
The announcement that John Dunsmore is set to vacate the CEO-ship of C&C Group at the end of this year means Dunsmore has not fulfilled the destiny we here at just-drinks had in mind for him. Unless, ...
Beers at or below 2.8%abv will begin to benefit from a tax break in the UK from the start of October, but how big is the opportunity?...
Having raised a few eyebrows with its pursuit of Foster's Group, SABMiller has won back a few cheerleaders by signing a strategic alliance with Anadolu Efes. Chris Mercer looks at the market reaction ...
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt I
- Heineken FY 2016 by region - results data
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Molson Coors hit by US$500m write-down in Canada
- ForEx bites, but Heineken hails strong 2016
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends