Product Launch - GLOBAL: Carlsberg's Copenhagen
Click through to see Carlsberg's Copenhagen
Category - Beer, bottled, 4.5% abv
Available - From this month
Location - Initially in Denmark, then scheduled for launch in northern and Western Europe, Eastern Europe and Asia in 2011 and 2012
Price - Not specified
Copenhagen is made from wheat malt and rice, and has been designed to appeal as an alternative to white wine and Champagne.
For the northern European markets, Copenhagen will be produced in Lithuania and Denmark
The beer, brand and design have all been developed by Carlsberg’s International Innovation Department in Copenhagen, in collaboration with the Carlsberg Research Center.
A TV ad prepared for the brand can be viewed below.
Carlsberg has joined Anheuser-Busch InBev in transferring the head of its UK operations to the eastern front. Is this more than mere coincidence?...
The announcement that John Dunsmore is set to vacate the CEO-ship of C&C Group at the end of this year means Dunsmore has not fulfilled the destiny we here at just-drinks had in mind for him. Unless, ...
Beers at or below 2.8%abv will begin to benefit from a tax break in the UK from the start of October, but how big is the opportunity?...
Having raised a few eyebrows with its pursuit of Foster's Group, SABMiller has won back a few cheerleaders by signing a strategic alliance with Anadolu Efes. Chris Mercer looks at the market reaction ...
- Comment - Scotch's Battle with Age
- Focus - The Risks of Acquisitions
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Pernod Ricard to up focus on consumers - CEO
- Diageo creates USL unit to oversee own brands
- Pernod Ricard on US starting blocks with Havanista
- Diageo to close Maryland bottling site
- A-B InBev GSA head in drink-driving crash
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review