Product Launch - UK: Carlsberg's Carlsberg Citrus
Click through to view Carlsberg's Carlsberg Citrus
Carlsberg's Carlsberg Citrus
Category - Beer, flavoured, 2.8% abv
Available - From this month in some off-trade, next month in on-trade
Location - UK, nation-wide
Price - SRP of GBP2.50 per off-trade four-pack
Carlsberg has launched a citrus version of its namesake lager to tap into growing demand for low-abv beer.
The 2.8% Carlsberg Citrus will be supported by a multi-million pound marketing campaign, Carlsberg said today (14 February). The lower-strength abv category is growing by 50% a year, Carlsberg said, citing Nielsen figures for volume.
A spokesperson for Carlsberg said Citrus was designed by the company's UK innovations team.
CARLSBERG LAUNCHES CITRUS
Carlsberg has launched a new lager which will be supported with a multi-million pound marketing campaign and marks the first brand extension for Carlsberg in a number of yea
Carlsberg Citrus, a 2.8%ABV lager blended with natural Persian and Key limes, is a refreshingly smooth lager and will be available in the on- and off-trade.
The beer has been developed by Carlsberg UK’s innovation team and through independent consumer taste tests, 70 per cent of consumers preferred the beer to competitor brands*.
David Scott, director of marketing for Carlsberg UK, says: “We have responded to consumer trends and developed a lager which consumers really do find refreshing and appealing. The lower strength beer category is growing 50 per cent year on year** so it makes perfect seto develop a beer that will support our customers with a beer their consumers want.
“This is a sinificant launch. It’s not only the first major brand extension for Carlsberg in a number of years, but it will also be supported by a Citrus TV advert in May as well as extensive sampling, national print advertising and PR.
Carlsberg Citrus remains true to its parent brand by being available in the familiar embossed bottle, providing consumer confidence and great stand-out.
* Independent consumer research vs. benchmark conducted by HPI Independent consumer research, August 2012 (sample size 700).
** ACNielsen (volume HL) MAT data to 21/07/12.
Original source: Company Release
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- AB InBev raises SAB cash offer by GBP1 per share
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends