RUSSIA: Carlsberg's Baltika Breweries to be Winter Olympic beer supplier
Baltika Breweries will supply beer to the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi
Baltika Breweries unit has been named as the official beer supplier for the Winter Olympics in Russia in 2014.
The Carlsberg-owned division, which owns the market-leader Baltika beer brand, confirmed to just-drinks today (23 December) that it will supply beer to the games, which will be held in Sochi on the country's Black Sea coast. Earlier this week, the Sochi 2014 organising committee's president and CEO, Dmitry Chernyshenko, signed an agreement with Isaac Sheps, CEO of Baltika Breweries' CEO and Carlsberg's senior VP for Eastern Europe.
Baltika said it will subsequently use its official supplier status in marketing communications and on product packaging.
“Sochi 2014 has been attracting more and more top-class Russian and international companies, and this latest agreement is further evidence of the remarkable success of our marketing programme, said Chernyshenko.
To read the official statement, click here.
Premium beer sales are set to grow in "every continent" over the next four years according to a new just-drinks report, with Asia expected to show particularly strong growth. However, premium beer gro...
Carlsberg has ceased production of a Ansells Mild ale in the UK due to a lack of demand from the country's pubs....
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk