DENMARK: Carlsberg will not raise its offer for Albani Bryggerierne
On 18 August, Carlsberg Danmark A/S made an offer to Albani Bryggerierne A/S (Albani Breweries) of DKK 1,000 per A-share and DKK 600 per B-share. The price was negotiated with Albani Bryggerierne's board and was an offer that Albani's board subsequently recommended to the Albani shareholdersOn 11 September, Bryggerigruppen A/S made a higher offer.Carlsberg Danmark A/S has again analysed its offer and has reached the conclusion that the offer is fair and reflects the value of Albani Bryggerierne.Against that background and seen in the light of the significant demands that the Danish Competition Authority will make in order to approve the deal, Carlsberg Danmark has decided not to offer a higher price. In its decision Carlsberg Danmark has also considered the uncertainties for Albani's employees that may result from a long bidding war Carlsberg A/S would realise a gain of around DKK 24 million from the sale of its 14.74 per cent share in Albani Bryggerierne at the price offered by Bryggerigruppen.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Coca-Cola Life US launch fails to ignite
- Will low-alcohol wines wither on the vine?
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker hit by Travel Retail slump
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Anheuser-Busch InBev shuts fourth Russian brewery
- Mallya stays chairman at Diageo's United Spirits
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks