DENMARK: Carlsberg will not raise its offer for Albani Bryggerierne
On 18 August, Carlsberg Danmark A/S made an offer to Albani Bryggerierne A/S (Albani Breweries) of DKK 1,000 per A-share and DKK 600 per B-share. The price was negotiated with Albani Bryggerierne's board and was an offer that Albani's board subsequently recommended to the Albani shareholdersOn 11 September, Bryggerigruppen A/S made a higher offer.Carlsberg Danmark A/S has again analysed its offer and has reached the conclusion that the offer is fair and reflects the value of Albani Bryggerierne.Against that background and seen in the light of the significant demands that the Danish Competition Authority will make in order to approve the deal, Carlsberg Danmark has decided not to offer a higher price. In its decision Carlsberg Danmark has also considered the uncertainties for Albani's employees that may result from a long bidding war Carlsberg A/S would realise a gain of around DKK 24 million from the sale of its 14.74 per cent share in Albani Bryggerierne at the price offered by Bryggerigruppen.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- This week in spirits & wine
- Poland warning sends Stock Spirits shares tumbling
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts