DENMARK: Carlsberg will not raise its offer for Albani Bryggerierne
On 18 August, Carlsberg Danmark A/S made an offer to Albani Bryggerierne A/S (Albani Breweries) of DKK 1,000 per A-share and DKK 600 per B-share. The price was negotiated with Albani Bryggerierne's board and was an offer that Albani's board subsequently recommended to the Albani shareholdersOn 11 September, Bryggerigruppen A/S made a higher offer.Carlsberg Danmark A/S has again analysed its offer and has reached the conclusion that the offer is fair and reflects the value of Albani Bryggerierne.Against that background and seen in the light of the significant demands that the Danish Competition Authority will make in order to approve the deal, Carlsberg Danmark has decided not to offer a higher price. In its decision Carlsberg Danmark has also considered the uncertainties for Albani's employees that may result from a long bidding war Carlsberg A/S would realise a gain of around DKK 24 million from the sale of its 14.74 per cent share in Albani Bryggerierne at the price offered by Bryggerigruppen.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits