UK: Carlsberg widens craft beer distribution portfolio
Carlsberg is looking to boost on-trade sales with the range
Carlsberg's UK unit is making available a portfolio of 28 craft beers to the country's on-trade through its distribution business.
The “Crafted” range, made up of existing beers from Carlsberg subsidiaries and third-party partners, will “complement” the Danish brewer's core range, it said today (27 May). The portfolio of lagers, bitters, pilsners and other styles, from brewers including Innis & Gunn and Liefmans, is expected to expand through seasonal offers and new partnerships.
Nick Howells, head of innovation at Carlsberg UK, said the range will help the UK free trade “tap into the thriving opportunity that is craft and speciality beer”.
As well as beers from Anchor Brewing, Shipyard Brewing, Meantime Brewing Company, Charles Wells and Marston’s, the range comprises:
- The Bee 17 and The Lawn Mower from Backyard Brewery, part of Carlsberg’s Falkenberg brewery in Sweden
- The Portobello London Pilsner from London's Portobello Brewing Company
- Charles Wells & Dogfish Head DNA New World IPA, the result of a collaboration between Dealaware's Dogfish Head Brewery and English brewer and pub company Charles Wells
- Grimbergen Blonde from Belgium's Grimbergen Abbey
- Stevens Point IPA from Wisconsin's Stevens Point Brewery
A Carlsberg spokesperson told just-drinks that the beers from third-party brewers are either part of Carlsberg's UK distribution network or are purchased wholesale.
Last month, Carlsberg opened a new brewery in Sweden as part of a joint-venture with Brooklyn Brewery
Cider Market in West Europe to 2019: Market Guide
Synopsis Canadean’s, "Cider Market in West Europe to 2019: Market Guide" provides a snapshot of the Cider consumption in West Europe. The quantitative data in the report provides historic and forecast...read more
Carlsberg A/S - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings ...
Synopsis Canadean's "Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Carlsberg A/S’s heavy reliance on the Russian beer market has come back to haunt CEO Jørgen Buhl Rasmussen. The risk associated with heavily investing in this market has blown back in the brewers' fac...
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research