SWEDEN: Carlsberg water unit in export drive
Carlsberg-owned Ramlösa is to invest SEK55m (US$7.9m) to boost its bottling capacity as it looks to boost its mineral water exports.
The investment will cover the boring of new wells in the Falkenberg area of Sweden, in order to increase the amount of water extracted from the spring.
"The investment will raise our ability to expand Ramlösa in Scandinavia and internationally. There will be investment in new production lines, and we will recruit additional personnel," a Ramlösa spokesperson said.
The investment comes after Carlsberg's Swedish unit merged its Ramlösa and Vichy Nouveau bottled water brands. The company now sells two brands - Ramlösa and Ramlösa Vichy Nouveau.
Sweden's bottled water market grew by over 15% last year. Ramlösa sales reached 54m litres of bottled water in 2006.
Carlsberg has unveiled plans to increase its presence in Vietnam through a joint venture with Hanoi Beer & Beverage Corporation (Habeco) in the country....
Carlsberg has refused to be drawn on speculation that it is to buy a majority stake in Parag Breweries in India....
Carlsberg has lost a second CEO at its Italian unit in the space of nine months....
Carlsberg is planning to increase its investments in manufacturing and distribution in the Indian market, according to reports....
Scottish & Newcastle has had its share coverage downgraded, due to a potential takeover bid from Carlsberg now seeming "unlikely"....
Rock legend Bryan Ferry is to appear in the latest TV advert for Carlsberg in the UK, but the ad puts the Roxy Music frontman in a supporting role to three ordinary lads....
The possible takeover of Scottish & Newcastle by Carlsberg hit the UK headlines again last weekend, with speculation suggesting the UK brewer will highlight its positive features to investors....
Baltic Beverages Holding is looking to launch its Holsten beer brand in Ukraine, according to local reports....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Heineken seeks "clarity" in Indonesia
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets