TAIWAN: Carlsberg venture buys stake in distributor
Carlsberg's venture in Malaysia has bought a stake in the Danish brewer's distributor in Taiwan to boost exports to the Asian country.
Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Bhd (CBMB) said late yesterday (30 October) that it has a bought a 50% stake in Carlsberg Distributors Taiwan (CDT).
The brewer has paid around US$800,000 for the stake in a deal with Hong Kong-based company Wiseline Limited.
"We believe that there are opportunities in the Taiwan market to grow and develop Carlsberg sales which, over a period of time, will add value to the earnings of the CBMB Group," said CBMB executive director Chin Voon Loong.
Carlsberg, which is looking to bolster its presence throughout Asia, owns a 51% stake in CBMB.
Nils S. Andersen has overseen something of a turnaround at Carlsberg since taking over as president and CEO in 1999 but he is determined to keep his and the company's feet on the ground. Dean Best met...
Carlsberg is looking to amend its charter, which could open the door for a bid for Scottish & Newcastle....
Diageo and SABMiller are pondering the break-up of Scottish & Newcastle, according to reports....
Baltika Breweries has doubled its spend on a new brewery in Siberia....
A Ukrainian brewer owned by Baltic Beverages Holding has been granted a loan from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)....
Baltika Breweries has begun exporting its beer to North Korea....
Carlsberg has pulled an internet promotion campaign for its Tuborg beer brand in its home market....
Scottish & Newcastle is to start brewing Baltika in the UK....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends