DENMARK: Carlsberg ups ownership of Saku Ölletehas
Carlsberg has increased its control of Estonian brewer Saku Ölletehas.
The term for the acceptance of the takeover bid ended on 26 June, Saku said yesterday (1 July) and the purchase price offered by Carlsberg was EEK194.06 (US$19.60) per share.
Shareholders decided to sell just under 1.4m shares of Saku, constituting approximately 17.4% of all shares in the company.
Carlsberg now owns 7.4m shares in Saku, constituting around 92.4% of the brewer.
The company said Carlsberg has decided to initiate actions for the squeeze-out of remaining minority shareholders.
Payment of the purchase price to shareholders who sold their shares and the transfer of shares sold to Carlsberg will be executed on 3 July.
For our final interview of 2008, we're putting aside sales forecasts and market performances for a moment in favour of a personal reflection on one of the drinks world's most influential figures, Robe...
The brewing sector has seen steady consolidation in recent years and 2008 was certainly no exception. Olly Wehring reviews a year which began with the protracted takeover of S&N by Heineken and Carlsb...
Some of the fizz certainly seems to have left Cobra Beer's fortunes, after the UK-based company announced last week that it had been put up for sale by its founder, Lord Bilimoria....
Shareholders in Ireland's C&C Group, owner of Magners cider, have approved a performance-related bonus plan for the firm's new management team....
Jacek Pastuszka has been appointed new CEO of Carlsberg Polska with effect from 9 January....
Enterprise Inns has issued an apology to Carlsberg over claims it was delisting the lager in UK pubs and restaurants, according to reports....
Baltika has begun exporting its beer brands into Uruguay, with a view to branching out into Brazil and Argentina....
Carlsberg has set up a distribution joint-venture in Malaysia....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)