UK: Carlsberg unveils World Cup advertising
Ex-Liverpool football star Alan Hansen is set to star in Carlsberg-Tetley's latest advertising campaign due to coincide with the World Cup.
The multi-million pound campaign is called 'Football Agent' and is part of the brand's marketing campaign around the World Cup. The advert will be aired on 29 May 2002 in advance of England's first World Cup match against Sweden.
Carlsberg-Tetley managing director for brand and sales, Doug Clydesdale said: "Having created a really strong campaign platform the new commercial hits all the right buttons with our drinkers. It plays out one of the greatest football fantasies whilst reinforcing Carlsberg's quality credentials. This is the final element in a high profile marketing programme which is already seeing record sales levels pre world cup."
The new campaign complements Carlsberg's in store 'Win With England' promotion and aims to capitalise on the excitement of the World Cup and its build up.
Other marketing activity in the take home sector includes official England packaging and point of sale materials, featuring images of England team players, David Beckham, Michael Owen and Steven Gerrard. Carling is also running price promotions, "to help increase volume sales of Carlsberg throughout the summer."
"Football Agent' is the third in a series of executions under the "World According to Carlsberg", following the success of the 'Holiday' and 'Bank' adverts.
'Football Agent' follows a day in the life of an unskilled Sunday League player who lives with the glamour and fame of a professional footballer thanks to his Carlsberg 'agent'.
The final scene in the advert shows Alan Hansen as a butler cleaning Clarke's muddy football boots.
Carlsberg has finally hooked up with a state-owned Vietnamese brewer....
Carlsberg has entered into negotiations with the IBM Group regarding a possible outsourcing of the Danish brewer's IT services in Europe....
Carlsberg's rating has been lowered following its disappointing Q1 figures earlier this week....
Carlsberg said today that global beer volume showed a 20% increase in the first quarter of the year driven by strong organic growth in BBH as well as a considerable contribution from acquisitions, inc...
Carlsberg has appointed a managing director for its Chinese operations....
Carlsberg has increased its ownership in Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad from 49.66% to 51%. The investment amounts to approximately US$6m....
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
The Bosnian government has put a majority stake in the country's brewery Banjalucka Pivara up for sale. Previous efforts to privatise the brewer have failed....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report