UK: Carlsberg unveils new GBP60m bottling line
The new line will double bottling output at the site
Carlsberg has lifted the curtain on a new GBP60m (US$89.4m) bottling line, which will double the output at its Northampton brewery site.
The 7,000 square metre facility, named the 'Carlsberg Cube', will bottle the full range of Carlsberg's beers sold in the UK including Carlsberg, Export, Tuborg, San Miguel and Fresca, and newly-launched cider, Somersby, the company said today (11 March). The new facility at the Bridge Street brewery means that all bottling for the UK market will now be done in the country.
The new line is capable of producing 60,000 bottles of beer every hour.
Speaking at the opening today, CEO JØrgen Buhl Rasmussen said: “This bottling line secures our long-term future in our UK home of Northampton where we have been based for over 30 years.” He added that the UK is an “incredibly important market for Carlsberg Group”.
Carlsberg also stressed the new buidling's eco-friendly credentials, flagging that it includes a 3,000-litre rain water harvesting tank and that it exceeds stringent UK efficiency regulations by 6%.
This report comprises of high level market research data on the Malaysia beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and ...
The world’s fourth largest brewer, Carlsberg is working to reduce its reliance on struggling European markets. This profile considers the company’s decision to focus on emerging Asian markets and anal...
- CCA - Coca-Cola's Canary in the Mine
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q4 & FY
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory
- Brown-Forman unveils Jack Daniel's UK push
- Champagne will not regain lost ground until 2018
- Bacardi announces CFO switch