INDIA: Carlsberg unveils investment plans in India - report
Carlsberg is planning to increase its investments in manufacturing and distribution in the Indian market, according to reports.
Jesper B Madsen, senior vice-president for Carlsberg Asia, was cited in the Business Standard yesterday (13 September) as saying: "Carlsberg is committed to increase investments in India. The company is currently evaluating which products are most suitable for the Indian market."
The paper added that the Danish brewer has applied to the Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) to increase its downstream investments in manufacturing and trading in the country.
In June, Carlsberg launched its Eastern European dark beer brand Okocim Palone in India through its new acquisition Himneel brewery.
"Carlsberg plans to have a brand portfolio in the India market, at pricing consistent with the segment in which the brands are positioned," Madsen told the paper.
In May, Carlsberg amended its charter, allowing leading shareholder the Carlsberg Foundation to dilute its stake in the brewer, whilst maintaining control of voting rights. The Foundation currently holds 51.3% share capital but will lower this to 25%, thereby freeing up around DKK45bn (US$8.23bn) in new capital.
I doubt that it is of the Dutch variety, but John Dunsmore, Sir Brian Stewart and the S&N board have certainly displayed courage over the last few months as they have held firm on calls to accept the ...
The proposed acquisition of Scottish & Newcastle by joint bidders Heineken and Carlsberg has raised anti-trust issue concerns following a referral from the Irish Competition Authority to the European ...
Heineken's deadline for its proposed acquisition of Scottish & Newcastle assets has been extended by the European Commission....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Scottish & Newcastle has been given full clearance to proceed with the construction of its first brewery in Vietnam, according to local reports....
Anheuser-Busch has refused to be drawn on claims that it is the latest brewer to consider scuppering Carlsberg and Heineken's move for Scottish & Newcastle....
Carlsberg and Heineken have ended a nerve-wracked week by noting the issuance of the scheme document for their acquisition of Scottish & Newcastle....
SABMiller has been moved to issue a statement following speculation that it may tender a counterbid for Scottish & Newcastle....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research