UK: Carlsberg UK to give San Miguel brands summer push
Carlsberg UK is hoping to boost its Fresca brand with the poster campaign
Carlsberg UK is planning to give its San Miguel and San Miguel Fresca brands a summer push in the UK with a cinema and outdoor poster campaign.
For the main San Miguel brand, a minute-long advert is being launched in cinemas and on video-on-demand for seven weeks, from 24 August, the company said today. The advert (below), entitled 'Una Vida Bien Vivida,' Spanish for 'a life well lived,' will be shown before films such as The Bourne Legacy, Taken 2, The Sweeney and Resident Evil 5, Carlsberg said.
San Miguel Fresca, which was launched in January this year, will feature in a poster campaign, featuring the strapline 'Hola Fresca, Adios Thirst' - a repeat of a previous initiative.
David Scott, Carlsberg UK's marketing director said: "San Miguel has real momentum – throughout the Olympics, the beer was up an impressive 24% in volume versus last year."
He also claimed Fresca has had a "huge impact" and is continuing to grow.
In the fourth part of Euromonitor's preview of 2013, alcoholic drinks analysts Spiros Malandrakis and Zsuzsa Szilagyi consider what the future holds for the world's brewers....
He's back, Back, BACK. After an absence of almost two years, we're delighted to welcome Larry Nelson, the publisher of Brewers' Guardian, back into the just-drinks fold. and, to kick things off again,...
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- SABMiller's Q1 Sales Performance by Region
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research