UK: Carlsberg UK launches San Miguel campaign
Carlsberg UK has launched a GBP7m (US$10.2m) marketing initiative for its recently acquired San Miguel beer brand.
The campaign will involve a TV campaign to launch on 9 May, supported by outdoor posters, regional print and cinema ads.
The campaign dramatises the fact that San Miguel is the "perfect beer for winding down and relaxation", the company said this week.
To support the launch within the on-trade, Carlsberg UK is launching a stand-alone branded font and enamel chalice glass. The campaign will also be supported through the group's on-trade web portal, 'We Deliver More', where customers can order branded POS and promotional material.
David Scott, customer marketing director for Carlsberg UK said: "San Miguel is an incredibly exciting addition to our portfolio of beers, and we are very pleased to announce heavyweight investment into the brand to help our on-trade customers sell more.
Those who doubted that Anheuser-Busch InBev would meet its US$7bn disposals target clearly underestimated the beast they were dealing with....
Analysts have hailed Carlsberg's half-year results as "positive" and "strong", thanks to margin expansion in the group's key Russian market. Michelle Russell examines reaction to the brewer's performa...
Anheuser-Busch InBev blew its US$7bn disposals target out of the water today, completing the brewer's mission to help pay off the A-B acquisition by refocusing the company on core businesses and marke...
C&C Group has withdrawn its Magners mid-strength cider variant in the UK, after testing the extension in Tesco and Waitrose....
Heineken is to cut another 140 jobs in Russia by suspending brewing at its Ivan Taranov brewery in the country, as part of the firm's global cost savings programme....
Russia's Government is pressing ahead with its proposal to triple tax on beer from the start of 2010, according to Carlsberg, in a move that analysts believe could significantly damage brewers' profit...
Carlsberg has confirmed that it plans to divest its stake in Vietnamese state-owned wine and tobacco company Vinataba....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is single malt the Great White Hope for Scotch?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US