DENMARK: Carlsberg turns from joint venture route
The Danish brewer Carlsberg, which yesterday reported a 96% fall in first quarter profits, is unlikely to grow through further joint ventures or acquisitions in the present environment. According to an interview with chief executive Officer Nils S. Andersen in today's business daily Borsen, Carlsberg isn't interested in further joint ventures and the prices of potential takeover targets being demanded at present rules out acquisitions for the moment.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range