EUR: Carlsberg to sponsor Euro 2012
Carlsberg brews up UEFA deal
Carlsberg is to sponsor the Euro 2012 football tournament after signing a deal with European football's governing body, UEFA.
The deal means that the 2012 tournament will be the seventh consecutive European Championship with Carlsberg as official beer sponsor.
"The UEFA European Championship is considered the most successful marketing activity for the Carlsberg brand," said the Denmark-based brewer late last week.
Poland and Ukraine will jointly host Euro 2012, marking the first visit of the tournament to Eastern Europe.
"The interest and tradition for football in Poland and Ukraine, with a total of over 80m inhabitants, is enormous and therefore we are thrilled to be part of this exciting tournament,” said Carlsberg CEO Jørgen Buhl Rasmussen.
The UEFA European Championship takes place every four years.
Carlsberg has signed a deal to distribute leading Spanish lager brand Mahou in the UK, as the brewer looks to tap consumer demand for imported bottled beers....
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- just The Preview - Heineken's H1 & Q2
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Bacardi sees North America president step down
- Constellation recalls Corona over glass threat