EUR: Carlsberg to sponsor Euro 2012
Carlsberg brews up UEFA deal
Carlsberg is to sponsor the Euro 2012 football tournament after signing a deal with European football's governing body, UEFA.
The deal means that the 2012 tournament will be the seventh consecutive European Championship with Carlsberg as official beer sponsor.
"The UEFA European Championship is considered the most successful marketing activity for the Carlsberg brand," said the Denmark-based brewer late last week.
Poland and Ukraine will jointly host Euro 2012, marking the first visit of the tournament to Eastern Europe.
"The interest and tradition for football in Poland and Ukraine, with a total of over 80m inhabitants, is enormous and therefore we are thrilled to be part of this exciting tournament,” said Carlsberg CEO Jørgen Buhl Rasmussen.
The UEFA European Championship takes place every four years.
Carlsberg has signed a deal to distribute leading Spanish lager brand Mahou in the UK, as the brewer looks to tap consumer demand for imported bottled beers....
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends