UK: Carlsberg to sponsor Euro 2004 and 2008
The company hopes to build on the success of Euro 2000, where in the UK alone, Carlsberg's sales increased by 48% during the tournament. The sales of the brand in the take-home sector rose by 307%, with multiple grocers delivering 773% increase for the Carlsberg brand.
“Euro 2000 was a real catalyst for growth and the Carlsberg brand has gone from strength to strength, outperforming the other leading players over the past 12 months” explained Doug Clydesdale, managing director brands & sales. “The new deal backed by an integrated marketing programme will ensure real excitement for our customers and extends our commitment to high profile sponsorships.”
Lennart Johannsson, president UEFA, added, “The European Championships is one of the biggest events in sport. By partnering with one of the biggest brands in beer, you can guarantee success.”
Carlsberg will become the ‘Official Beer to Euro 2004 and 2008'. The core rights package will include perimeter signage across 31 matches, sole and exclusive display rights and broadcast sponsorship coupled with commercial airtime. Added to this, will be the opportunity to develop premium products, Internet rights through official sites and on-site branding and activity throughout the tournament.
Carlsberg has finally hooked up with a state-owned Vietnamese brewer....
Carlsberg has entered into negotiations with the IBM Group regarding a possible outsourcing of the Danish brewer's IT services in Europe....
Carlsberg's rating has been lowered following its disappointing Q1 figures earlier this week....
Carlsberg said today that global beer volume showed a 20% increase in the first quarter of the year driven by strong organic growth in BBH as well as a considerable contribution from acquisitions, inc...
Carlsberg has appointed a managing director for its Chinese operations....
Carlsberg has increased its ownership in Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad from 49.66% to 51%. The investment amounts to approximately US$6m....
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
The Bosnian government has put a majority stake in the country's brewery Banjalucka Pivara up for sale. Previous efforts to privatise the brewer have failed....
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research