DENMARK: Carlsberg to sell brewery stakes
The Investment Fund for Central and Eastern Europe (IØ) is to take a 20% stake in the Serbian brewery Pivara Celarevo from Carlsberg for DKK 93.3m, the Danish breer said today.
The deal was made when Carlsberg first made an offer for the Serbian brewery in the autumn of 2003. Carlsberg currently owns 99.9% of the brewery.
Furthermore, Carlsberg and IØ have agreed that IØ also shall acquire 20% of the share capital in Carlsberg Bulgaria AD at a price of DKK 56.1m. Carlsberg's two Bulgarian breweries - Pirinsko Pivo AD and Shumensko Pivo AD - are in the process of being merged into one single company named Carlsberg Bulgaria AD.
The total income of DKK 149.4 million will not have any effect on Carlsberg's financial results but improve the company's cash flow. Furthermore, the selling of shares gives Carlsberg a possibility to rely on upon IØ's extensive experience from other investments in Central and Eastern Europe, the brewer said.
Todays press reports into Pernod and Fortune's hopes to buy Allied Domecq warn of possible conflicts and set a date for completion....
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
Carlsberg Sverige is looking to introduce a lemon-flavoured beer to the Swedish market....
LVMH has said it is not looking to buy Mumm Champagne from Allied Domecq....
Pernod Ricard is looking to acquire Allied Domecq....
Allied Domecq and Pernod Ricard have both been downgraded....
South Korea's anti-trust watchdog is to check Hite Brewery's claims to soju maker Jinro, following its victory in last week's auction....
Montana, the UK's leading New Zealand wine brand by volume and value, is to launch a its first consumer press campaign in April 2005 which will run for a minimum of four months. ...
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future