UK: Carlsberg to market Welsh beer brand
Carlsberg has signed a deal to market and sell speciality beer brands owned by small-time Welsh brewer Evan-Evans.
Announcing the deal this week, Evan-Evans said it had been working with Carlsberg to develop its portfolio of speciality ales for customers throughout Wales.
Products include what claims to be the first organic cask conditioned beer, to be called Evan-Evans organic Gold.
Both companies said their deal had come in response to a growing market for domestic guest ales across Wales.
Rob Sandall, sales director at Carlsberg UK, said: "Our customers now want indigenous Welsh brands brewed in Wales, brands with a rich heritage, and of the very highest quality." He said that Evan-Evans, which has brewed beers for 240 years, was "at the forefront of the Cask ale revival in Wales".
Evan-Evans chief executive Simon Buckley said: "This is a pioneering step forward for Carlsberg UK, and sets them apart from the competition in Wales. We are pleased to be part of this important initiative, and to be able to support Carlsberg with our award winning ales."
Carlsberg has lined up a price increase in the UK, reflecting tough times for the country's beer sector....
UK brewer Fuller, Smith & Turner has today (3 February) announced a 2.5% price hike on its beer....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Belarus has emerged as an unlikely battleground for global brewers in early 2009, after Carlsberg has followed SABMiller in expressing its interest in the country's beer market....
Scottish & Newcastle UK (S&N UK) is taking over the marketing and distribution of Zywiec beer in the UK....
Carlsberg has confirmed that the president of its Baltic division is to stand down from the post....
Scottish & Newcastle UK and Welsh brewer SA Brain have agreed a new partnership deal to cover distribution and brewing....
John Dunsmore, former head of Scottish & Newcastle and now CEO at Ireland's C&C Group, has joined the board of UK brewer Fuller, Smith and Turner....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research