SERBIA: Carlsberg to invest in Serbian unit - report
Carlsberg is looking to invest in its Serbian unit next year, according to local reports.
Trade minister Predrag Bubalo was cited in reports yesterday (6 November) as saying that the brewer has plans to invest EUR20m (US$29.1m) in Carlsberg Serbia, formally Pivara Celarevo, in an effort to increase production by 36% in the next year.
Bubalo added that the company currently exports around 25% of its production.
Carlsberg was recently reportedly linked to be interested in the sale of Pivara MB, part of domestic group Rodic, after the owners of the brewery were rumoured to be in talks with four large world brewers over the sale.
No-one was immediately available for comment at Carlsberg when contacted by just-drinks today.
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Carlsberg and Heineken have completed their purchase of Scottish & Newcastle....
Carlsberg has restructured its regions following its joint purchase of Scottish & Newcastle, with a view to "focus more on innovation"....
Heineken has said that it hopes to resolve the ongoing issues with its Indian assets "as soon as possible"....
Scottish & Newcastle is set to cease to exist at the end of this week....
Kronenbourg has said that it is looking to re-conquer the ailing French beer market by increasing its share in the country's HORECA sector....
Carlsberg has succeeded in gaining an increased holding in Vietnamese brewer Hanoi Beer Alcohol and Beverage Co (Habeco)....
Heineken shareholders have approved the acquisition by Sunrise Acquisitions, a company jointly owned by Heineken and Carlsberg for the entire share capital of Scottish & Newcastle....
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review