DENMARK: Carlsberg tight-lipped on due diligence difficulties claim
A story in today's (23 January) Financial Times claimed the two European brewers have discovered that some of their assumptions on how S&N allocated profits between regions were incorrect. The piece did not cite any sources.
Speaking to just-drinks today, a spokesperson for Carlsberg declined to comment specifically on the report. "There are so many rumours in the market at the moment," he said. "When there is little to report, that's when the speculation starts.
"All options remain on the table," the spokesperson concluded.
Carlsberg and Heineken have until midday tomorrow to make a formal bid for S&N. After that point, according to the UK Takeover Panel, the two will not be permitted from making a move for the UK brewer for a further six months.
The European consortium has offered S&N shareholders GBP8.00 per share for the company.
The Asia Pacific region is home to some of the world's largest spirits producers though many of them are focused predominantly on their domestic markets. Others, however, are expanding their internati...
Pernod Ricard has been set a selection of hoops to jump through ahead of the closure of its acquisition of Vin & Sprit....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Molson Coors has confirmed an addition to its board of directors....
The Coca-Cola Co. has confirmed details of its latest dividend and the election of two new officers....
Allied Blenders & Distillers (ABD) has introduced the German vodka brand Wodka Gorbatschow to the Indian market....
Anglo Drinks is unveiling four pre-mixed alcoholic drinks, under the brand name Crystal Camel....
Maxxium UK is launching an Absolut Vodka summer gift pack for the UK market....
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Heineken unveils global Desperados push
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets