UK: Carlsberg-Tetley becomes Carlsberg UK
The UK subsidiary of Danish brewer Carlsberg Breweries A/S, Carlsberg-Tetley, has changed its name to Carlsberg UK. The company said it was a reflection of the growing alignment of the business with its parent company.
The company said despite the name change, the Tetley's brand and the Joshua Tetley brewery in Leeds will continue to play an important role in Carlsberg UK's portfolio.
Doug Clydesdale, managing director brands and sales Carlsberg UK said: "Over the past few years we have witnessed the growing integration of our business with that of our parent company. Working within the broader international framework has increasingly allowed us to enjoy a deeper level of collaboration and shared culture with our sister companies in the group. Changing our name to reflect our international parentage is a natural evolution for our business in the UK against a backdrop of continued globalisation of the beer industry and underlines our determination to continue to drive the business forward. For our customers however, it is business as usual - the change of company name will not affect Carlsberg UK's terms of trading."
The new visual identity will be reflected across the company's operations. And as part of this closer alignment with its parent company, Carlsberg UK will adopt the Carlsberg Breweries' international vision: "Carlsberg - Probably the best beer company in the world".
Carlsberg has finally hooked up with a state-owned Vietnamese brewer....
Carlsberg has entered into negotiations with the IBM Group regarding a possible outsourcing of the Danish brewer's IT services in Europe....
Carlsberg's rating has been lowered following its disappointing Q1 figures earlier this week....
Carlsberg said today that global beer volume showed a 20% increase in the first quarter of the year driven by strong organic growth in BBH as well as a considerable contribution from acquisitions, inc...
Carlsberg has appointed a managing director for its Chinese operations....
Carlsberg has increased its ownership in Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad from 49.66% to 51%. The investment amounts to approximately US$6m....
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
The Bosnian government has put a majority stake in the country's brewery Banjalucka Pivara up for sale. Previous efforts to privatise the brewer have failed....
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets