ASIA: Carlsberg terminates Asian joint venture
Carlsberg has already announced in June that the joint venture had hit problems, specifically over the assets which Carlsberg was expecting its Asian partner to contribute to the venture.
Carlsberg said that it had not resolved the problems with Chang and Carlsberg Asia would therefore remain a 100%-owned subsidiary of Carlsberg Breweries.
"We have terminated the joint venture amongst other things because we are under the distinct impression that the character of the companies which Chang Beverages was to transfer to Carlsberg Asia does not correspond with what was agreed upon and that the value of these are disproportionate to the assets which Carlsberg Breweries has transferred to Carlsberg Asia," said Carlsberg's president and CEO, Nils S. Andersen.
Carlsberg has finally hooked up with a state-owned Vietnamese brewer....
Carlsberg has entered into negotiations with the IBM Group regarding a possible outsourcing of the Danish brewer's IT services in Europe....
Carlsberg's rating has been lowered following its disappointing Q1 figures earlier this week....
Carlsberg said today that global beer volume showed a 20% increase in the first quarter of the year driven by strong organic growth in BBH as well as a considerable contribution from acquisitions, inc...
Carlsberg has appointed a managing director for its Chinese operations....
Carlsberg has increased its ownership in Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad from 49.66% to 51%. The investment amounts to approximately US$6m....
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
The Bosnian government has put a majority stake in the country's brewery Banjalucka Pivara up for sale. Previous efforts to privatise the brewer have failed....
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk