DENMARK: Carlsberg suffering at home - report
A report in the Danish press today suggests that Carlsberg is losing its cache in its home market.
Boersen writes that the brewer is suffering in Danish supermarkets because of a wide range of beers available to consumers. The paper says that customers are opting for foreign brews and those made by Carlsberg's Danish rival Bryggerigruppen, which also distributes Heineken.
No actual figures are quoted in the news story. Carlsberg would not comment on whether Danish sales are falling.
In Denmark, a recycling system had favoured Carlsberg's products which are bottled. However, recent changes in the system now mean that cans are recyclable, opening up the market to products in a variety of packaging.
Earlier this week Boersen reported that Carlsberg is to lay off 130 staff in its Danish operation as part of a restructuring strategy. The newspaper said that the brewer plans to merge its sales and marketing operations of its various beer and soft drink brands, resulting in the loss of 130 jobs.
Carlsberg Sverige is looking to introduce a lemon-flavoured beer to the Swedish market....
Heineken said yesterday that its Austrian subsidiary Brau Union AG has signed an agreement for the divestment of its Real Estate Division. This division comprises all non-business related real estate ...
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
Heineken Espana is looking to invest heavily in a new plant in southern Spain....
Carlsberg cannot compete with some of the larger global brewers when it comes to earnings, according to the Danish company's CEO....
Carlsberg is looking to invest BGL20m (US$13.2m) in upgrading one of its breweries in Bulgaria....
Shareholders of Baltika Brewery have approved a rise in 2004 dividends....
Carlsberg Deutschland has acquired the beverage wholesale company Göttsche Getränke Group, which was majority-owned by Charly Willems. Göttsche Getränke Group is a beverage wholesale company in Northe...
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research