SWEDEN: Carlsberg strikes deal to handle Budvar
The agreement, which will go live on 1 April, is the latest venture between the Danish brewer and Czech beer maker Budejovický Budvar. In January, Carlsberg finalised deals to distribute the Czech beer in Finland and Croatia.
"An important part of Carlsberg's strategy includes enriching Sweden's beer culture with high-quality local and foreign beers," said Carlsberg Sweden CEO Stig Sunde today (19 March).
Budvar joins a range of 20 beers that Carlsberg distributes in Sweden. A Carlsberg Sweden spokesperson told just-drinks that the brewer handles beers including Leffe and Hoegaarden.
Budejovický Budvar CEO Jirí Bocek noted that the Swedish market has "great potential" for Budvar, which is currently distributed in Sweden by local importer Birramex.
Carlsberg is planning to increase its investments in manufacturing and distribution in the Indian market, according to reports....
Scottish & Newcastle has had its share coverage downgraded, due to a potential takeover bid from Carlsberg now seeming "unlikely"....
Rock legend Bryan Ferry is to appear in the latest TV advert for Carlsberg in the UK, but the ad puts the Roxy Music frontman in a supporting role to three ordinary lads....
The possible takeover of Scottish & Newcastle by Carlsberg hit the UK headlines again last weekend, with speculation suggesting the UK brewer will highlight its positive features to investors....
Baltic Beverages Holding is looking to launch its Holsten beer brand in Ukraine, according to local reports....
Baltic Beverages Holding has officially inaugurated its new brewery in Uzbekistan....
The new CEO of Carlsberg has said that the brewer is now "in a strong position" to make acquisitions going forward....
Carlsberg has appointed a new CEO to take over from Nils Smedegaard Andersen from October....
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research