DENMARK: Carlsberg snaps up Lao Soft Drink control
Carlsberg has upped its presence in South East Asia through the purchase of a majority stake in Lao Soft Drink Co.
The Denmark-based brewer confirmed to just-drinks today (17 December) that it has bought 70% of the soft drinks manufacturer, with the Laotian government retaining the remaining 30%.
"Lao Soft Drink Co. is the leading soft drink manufacturer in Laos, with majority market share in the country," a spokesperson for Carlsberg in Asia told just-drinks. The company also handles the bottling of Pepsi in Laos.
The spokesperson declined to give details of the value of the transaction.
Lao Soft Drink Co has a facility in the capital of Laos, Vientiane, which employs 290 and has an annual production capacity of 400,00 hectolitres.
Carlsberg already works with the Laotian government, with each side holding a 50% stake in domestic brewer Lao Beer Co.
Heineken's proposed purchase of the beverage division of Swiss company Eichhof Holdings is the subject of an investigation by the country's competition authorities....
Carlsberg is examining all options following the Scottish & Newcastle deal, but has not yet made any decisions on European brewery closures....
South Asia Breweries has launched Carlsberg's flagship namesake brand in India, targeting the country's growing appetite for premium beer....
Carlsberg has begun rolling out its DraughtMaster Professional System in the UK....
Carlsberg has announced that due diligence has been conducted regarding the possible sale of its stake in Türk Tuborg to CBC Group, and that negotiations are still ongoing....
Carlsberg's principal owner, the Carlsberg Foundation, has completed its disposal of rights to shares in connection with the Danish brewer's DK30.5bn ($6.3bn) share issue....
Carlsberg has been given a 'hold' rating by Deutsche Bank....
Carlsberg A/S has launched a fully underwritten DKK 30.5 billion 1:1 rights issue. The proceeds of the rights issue will be used to repay part of the debt facilities put in place to finance its joint ...
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Focus - Heineken's H1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Bacardi sees North America president step down
- Constellation recalls Corona over glass threat