DENMARK: Carlsberg S&N falling back in Russia?
Carlsberg and Scottish & Newcastle are losing market share in Russia, according to figures from its rival brewer Sun Interbrew. Carlsberg believes, however, that as the year progresses, this will be found not to be the case.
Speaking to Borsen newspaper in Denmark, Christian Ramm-Schmidt, executive director of Baltic Beverages Holding - the east European joint venture between the two companies - said that the Russian market appears to be growing anywhere from 7% to 21%.
Ramm-Schmidt told the paper: "We have from various distributors gotten documentation that Sun Interbrew up to the high season extends credit terms so that inventories can be filled up and thereby avoid capacity problems."
Ramm-Schmidt added, however, that "we have to get further into the year" to get a better basis for comparison and a more accurate reading of the numbers.
Sectors: Beer & cider
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Carlsberg said today that global beer volume showed a 20% increase in the first quarter of the year driven by strong organic growth in BBH as well as a considerable contribution from acquisitions, inc...
Carlsberg has appointed a managing director for its Chinese operations....
Carlsberg has increased its ownership in Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad from 49.66% to 51%. The investment amounts to approximately US$6m....
Interbrew is launching its most aggressive consumer drive yet for its Stella Artois this summer. The company said that its 2005 marketing activity will be spearheaded by a value-added consumer promoti...
Interbrew UK has launched a new advertising campaign for Leffe....
InBev has made an offer to acquire the remaining minority interests in its Russian business SUN Interbrew Ltd (SIL) that it doesn't own, at a price of US$33.41 in cash per security....
The Bosnian government has put a majority stake in the country's brewery Banjalucka Pivara up for sale. Previous efforts to privatise the brewer have failed....
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research