Carlsberg Singapore plays down Beck's labelling error
Carlsberg Singapore distributes Beck's in Singapore
Carlsberg has come under fire in Singapore for wrongly labelling Beck's beer as 'imported' from Germany even though it is produced in China.
The company, which distributes the Anheuser Busch InBev-owned brand in Singapore, said the incident was an "isolated labelling error". A spokesperson for Carlsberg Singapore said the mistake was restricted to secondary packaging on six-can packs.
"We wish to stress that this technical printing error is an isolated incident as it only applies to the outer packaging of a batch of six-can packs," said the unit's general manager Jimmy Toh. "Packaging on all other SKUs i.e. 24-can packs and others being retailed in the trade are accurate."
However, the company declined to dislose exactly how many six packs were affected.
Last year, the US arm of Anheuser-Busch InBev secured a settlement of its legal row regarding the labelling of its Beck's beer brand in the country. The brewer had been accused of failing to detail that the brand had been produced in the US for the US market since 2012.
Carlsberg is expected to remain a niche player in alcoholic drinks in Pakistan in the forecast period....
Earlier today, Carlsberg released its full-year results for 2016. The brewer saw net profits return after reporting losses in 2016, although sales in the 12 months of last year slipped by 4%. Here, ju...
Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Bhd (CBM) expects consumption to remain sluggish due to the rising cost of living....
Earlier today, Carlsberg reported a 4% dip in sales in 2016, with operating profits in the year falling by 3%. Here, just-drinks breaks down the brewer's figures for last year by region....
Carlsberg Bulgaria was the third largest and fastest growing beer company in Bulgaria in 2015, commanding a 21% share of volume sales....
Carlsberg Kazakhstan is expected to focus on increasing production capacity for its domestically produced brands and offering new product developments over the forecast period....
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends