Carlsberg Singapore plays down Beck's labelling error
Carlsberg Singapore distributes Beck's in Singapore
Carlsberg has come under fire in Singapore for wrongly labelling Beck's beer as 'imported' from Germany even though it is produced in China.
The company, which distributes the Anheuser Busch InBev-owned brand in Singapore, said the incident was an "isolated labelling error". A spokesperson for Carlsberg Singapore said the mistake was restricted to secondary packaging on six-can packs.
"We wish to stress that this technical printing error is an isolated incident as it only applies to the outer packaging of a batch of six-can packs," said the unit's general manager Jimmy Toh. "Packaging on all other SKUs i.e. 24-can packs and others being retailed in the trade are accurate."
However, the company declined to dislose exactly how many six packs were affected.
Last year, the US arm of Anheuser-Busch InBev secured a settlement of its legal row regarding the labelling of its Beck's beer brand in the country. The brewer had been accused of failing to detail that the brand had been produced in the US for the US market since 2012.
Carlsberg A/S (Carlsberg) is a brewing company that produces, retails and markets beers and non-alcoholic beverages....
Carlsberg is expected to remain a niche player in alcoholic drinks in Pakistan in the forecast period....
Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Bhd (CBM) expects consumption to remain sluggish due to the rising cost of living....
Carlsberg Bulgaria was the third largest and fastest growing beer company in Bulgaria in 2015, commanding a 21% share of volume sales....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- US craft spirits could be as big as craft beer
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends