DENMARK: Carlsberg signs Schmeichel for Euro 2012 campaign
Carlsberg recruits Peter Schmeichel as brand ambassador
Carlsberg has recruited ex-Manchester United and Denmark goalkeeper Peter Schmeichel to be its global ambassador throughout the Euro 2012 football tournament.
Schmeichel will take part in marketing campaigns and hospitality events around the brewer's sponsorship of the UEFA tournament, which takes place in Poland and Ukraine in June. He will also engage with fans on Facebook.
While Euro 2012 is a European competition, Carlsberg believes that Schmeichel's links to Manchester United will play well in its key emerging beer markets in Asia, where the club has a strong following. Carlsberg's CEO, Jørgen Buhl Rasmussen, said today (26 January): "Not only has Peter played much of his football in our two biggest Carlsberg markets - Denmark and the UK – but he is a well-known personality across Carlsberg's key markets in all of Europe and Asia."
In October last year, Carlsberg launched a Europe-wide digital marketing campaign via Facebook that offers consumers the chance to win tickets to Euro 2012.
For many observers, yesterday's speculation linking Anheuser-Busch InBev to a move for control of Grupo Modelo has come a bit sooner than expected. But, it has always been expected....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Boom time for soft drinks in West Europe?
- Patron's lesson for the broader spirits sector
- Alcohol and the risk of breast cancer - ISFAR
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Rum "yet to maximise" GTR potential - Bacardi
- Diageo names Javier Ferran as new chairman
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Keurig Green Mountain in Hot Drinks (World)
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends