SWEDEN: Carlsberg shows interest in V&S
As cited in daily Dagens Industri, chairman of Carlsberg's Swedish operations, Paul Bergqvist told the newspaper: "This would be an exciting cooperation for Carlsberg. We already have cooperation with Vin & Sprit which we could develop much more."
Carlsberg has been eyeing Vin & Sprit's wine and distiller units, according to the newspaper.
Bergqvist added: "Absolut does not fit our portfolio. We think Absolut can be developed even better by those who are specialists at spirits."
The interest from the Danish brewer follows recent news that the Swedish parliament has approved plans to sell stakes in V&S, as well as five other companies.
Carlsberg has played down reports that it has backed out of the auction for Vin & Sprit....
The Swedish government has begun the auction process for state-owned Vin & Sprit by contacting a wealth of interested bidders....
The UK Takeover Panel has set a deadline for Carlsberg and Heineken's pursuit of Scottish & Newcastle....
Carlsberg has upped its presence in South East Asia through the purchase of a majority stake in Lao Soft Drink Co....
Carlsberg has announced that it, too, will raise its beer prices in the coming months....
Carlsberg has admitted that it is "considering" its position on the pending auction of Vin & Sprit....
The Swedish government has decided to sell Vin & Sprit by auction, with cash appearing to be the deciding factor....
Carlsberg and Heineken have played down reports claiming that their latest offer for Scottish & Newcastle will be their final bid....
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites