UK: Carlsberg set to extend Liverpool shirt deal
Carlsberg is in talks to extend its sponsorship of Liverpool Football Club.
A spokesperson for the Danish brewer's UK arm confirmed to just-drinks today (12 February) that Carlsberg is holding discussions with the Premiership football club.
Although Danish reports have suggested that the present contract is set to end in August this year, the spokesperson said that there is no official end date for Carlsberg's deal with Liverpool. The company has been the shirt sponsor for Liverpool since 2005.
Reports in Liverpool have suggested that a new deal would see Carlsberg stump up GBP21.6m (US$42.04m) over the next three years. The current deal works out at GBP10m over two years, the Daily Post noted.
Baltika has posted a healthy lift in operating profit for the first half of this year....
Carlsberg has posted a strong lift in its performance in the first half of this year....
No doubt setting the tone for drinks groups across Western Europe this summer, Scottish & Newcastle has reported first half results affected by the adverse weather that has hit the continent in the pe...
Baltic Beverages Holding has posted another healthy leap in sales and profits for its latest quarter....
A local broker has lowered its coverage of Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo....
Carlsberg has denied reports that it will lose momentum in the run-up to finding a replacement CEO for the brewery....
Carlsberg is launching a summer promotion in the UK for its flavoured beer Edge....
Carlsberg's interest in Vin & Sprit should be seen as a way for the company to diversify out of beer and improve its "critical mass in drinks distribution," according to a research note by Dresdner Kl...
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- What's in store for Super Bowl 5 - Focus
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- Moet Hennessy sees China rebound in strong FY
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research