LITHUANIA: Carlsberg sells stake in brewery to BBH
The acquisition of the Carlsberg stake will give BBH 76% of Svyturys Utenos Alus, the leading brewer in the country, and under Lithuanian law it must make a public offer for the remaining shares in the company within the next 30 days. The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development owns 11% of the company, as does the Danish development foundation. The remaining 2% is owned by local investors.
Carlsberg said the sale was part of its strategy of transferring ownership of operations in Russia, Ukraine and the Baltic countries to BBH. It will result in a net gain of DKK35m for Carlsberg Breweries in the first half of 2002.
Svyturys Utenos Alus was formed in January with the merger of Lithuania's two leading brewers, Svyturys and Utenos Alus. The company has a 48% market share.
Carlsberg has finally hooked up with a state-owned Vietnamese brewer....
Carlsberg's rating has been lowered following its disappointing Q1 figures earlier this week....
Carlsberg said today that global beer volume showed a 20% increase in the first quarter of the year driven by strong organic growth in BBH as well as a considerable contribution from acquisitions, inc...
Scottish & Newcastle and Carlsberg said today that their Eastern European joint venture Baltic Beverage Holdings had seen sales volumes lift 14% in the first quarter of the year, compared to the same ...
Carlsberg has appointed a managing director for its Chinese operations....
Carlsberg has increased its ownership in Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad from 49.66% to 51%. The investment amounts to approximately US$6m....
Baltika has bought into a Siberian brewer....
The Bosnian government has put a majority stake in the country's brewery Banjalucka Pivara up for sale. Previous efforts to privatise the brewer have failed....
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research