DENMARK: Carlsberg sells soft drinks, water brands to Coca-Cola
The Denmark-based company today (27 June) confirmed the divestment of its mineral water brands Kildevæld and Kurvand in Denmark and the soft drink brand Hyvää Päivää in Finland. The sale will net Carlsberg US$225m.
At the same time, the two companies have entered into a license agreement regarding Ramlösa in Denmark and energy drink brand Battery in Finland.
The agreement, initially announced last month, takes effect immediately.
Cadbury officially put its Australian soft drinks business up for sale this week following a strategic review of the business....
The brewing sector has seen steady consolidation in recent years and 2008 was certainly no exception. Olly Wehring reviews a year which began with the protracted takeover of S&N by Heineken and Carlsb...
Asahi Breweries has lined up the acquisition of Cadbury's soft drinks business in Australia....
The Coca-Cola Co has defended its Diet Coke Plus drink against an allegation by the US Food and Drug Administration that the product breaches the law....
Investor Nelson Peltz has increased his stake in soft drinks group Dr Pepper Snapple, via private investment group Trian Fund Management....
Shareholders in Ireland's C&C Group, owner of Magners cider, have approved a performance-related bonus plan for the firm's new management team....
Analysts have reacted positively to Coca-Cola Enterprises' announced restructuring plan and news that the bottler's 2008 earnings will not be as bad as feared....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends