GERMANY: Carlsberg sells Hannen Brauerei
The Danish brewer Carlsberg Breweries has sold the production facilities of its German unit Hannen Brauerei GmBH. However the company said that it will keep the local brands Hannen Alt and Gatz Altbier. It will continue to sell these alongside its international brands Carlsberg and Tuborg in Germany.
The German-based Oettinger Brauhaus has bought the facilities for an undisclosed price.
Carlsberg Breweries president and chief executive officer Nils S. Andersen said: "This is in no way an expression of a wish to leave the German market.
"The reduction in capacity increases Carlsberg Breweries' flexibility and ability to take part in the future consolidation in the German market, which is characterized by significant overcapacity," he added.
The Hannen brewery produced around 1m hectoliters of beer in 2002.
Carlsberg has finally hooked up with a state-owned Vietnamese brewer....
Carlsberg has entered into negotiations with the IBM Group regarding a possible outsourcing of the Danish brewer's IT services in Europe....
Carlsberg's rating has been lowered following its disappointing Q1 figures earlier this week....
Carlsberg said today that global beer volume showed a 20% increase in the first quarter of the year driven by strong organic growth in BBH as well as a considerable contribution from acquisitions, inc...
Carlsberg has appointed a managing director for its Chinese operations....
Carlsberg has increased its ownership in Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad from 49.66% to 51%. The investment amounts to approximately US$6m....
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
The Bosnian government has put a majority stake in the country's brewery Banjalucka Pivara up for sale. Previous efforts to privatise the brewer have failed....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Beam Suntory workers end Jim Beam strike
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends