UK: Carlsberg sales up 240% during World Cup
“According to ACNielsen Scantrack data for the four weeks to 15 June, the brand secured the number one spot in standard lagers in multiple grocers. Sceptics suggested that promotional activity around the World Cup would not see big returns, however Carlsberg has proved them wrong,” the company said.
Carlsberg said that during the world Cup World, total lager sales increased by 20%, with Carlsberg gaining a 30% share of the standard lager market, ahead of Carling with 22%, Fosters with 14% and Heineken with 6%.
The brand also reported growth of 240% in the period compared to the same four weeks last year, while Carlsberg Export saw volume growth of 125% during the same period. “The World Cup numbers are fantastic and follow on from the successful relaunch of both brands earlier this year.” said Doug Clydesdales, managing director, Brands & Sales, Carlsberg-Tetley. “As a consequence we are seeing a real step-change in our business and the growth in the big supermarket chains is a reflection of this overall performance.”
Carlsberg Sverige is looking to introduce a lemon-flavoured beer to the Swedish market....
Heineken said yesterday that its Austrian subsidiary Brau Union AG has signed an agreement for the divestment of its Real Estate Division. This division comprises all non-business related real estate ...
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
Heineken Espana is looking to invest heavily in a new plant in southern Spain....
Carlsberg cannot compete with some of the larger global brewers when it comes to earnings, according to the Danish company's CEO....
Carlsberg is looking to invest BGL20m (US$13.2m) in upgrading one of its breweries in Bulgaria....
Shareholders of Baltika Brewery have approved a rise in 2004 dividends....
Carlsberg Deutschland has acquired the beverage wholesale company Göttsche Getränke Group, which was majority-owned by Charly Willems. Göttsche Getränke Group is a beverage wholesale company in Northe...
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research